Thursday 4 August 2016

Cliffs of Moher – a beautiful natural wonder

Last year I was so lucky because I got to visit Ireland with one of my American friends. I had been dreaming and talking about visiting Dublin for years, but even though it is just a short plane ride from London, I never really seemed to have time to go there. And finally I did!



We actually booked a daytrip from Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher, which is one of Irelands most popular natural tourist attractions. It is absolutely stunning and it really makes you appreciate how spectacular mother nature is.

I know that many travellers don´t like to book tours but travel on their own. I can understand that, but sometimes I really don´t mind having everything planned for me. And we got to see places along the road that we probably would never have seen on our own. We used the company Paddywagon Tours and I was very happy with the tour they offered. The driver was also the guide and I could tell that he really enjoyed his job, which made our experience so much better as well. The bus even had free wifi on-board.





The highlight of the tour was naturally the Cliffs of Moher, but we also got to see castles and monastery ruins and small Irish towns. And I absolutely enjoyed it!

The Cliffs of Moher are 66% as tall as New York´s Empire State Building and stretch for almost 10km. Maybe this gives you an impression of how majestic it all is. We had a couple of hours by the cliffs and I could have spent a couple of more hours there, just walking around and taking in the view. And for those of you who do not get sea sick, you could also go on a boat tour and see the cliffs from the Atlantic Ocean. On a guided tour, that does mean shorter time to walk the cliffs, but the time we had there we were free to explore the nature by ourselves. We just had to be sure to be back on the bus in time.






This is a whole day tour, and absolutely worth it. We were back in Dublin early evening, so there was still time to enjoy a nice dinner before finding a nice Irish pub at the Temple Bar district.

No comments:

Post a Comment